Sunday 16 February 2014

Christmas Classmate Gifts - Decorated Cookie Cutters




Was Christmas REALLY more than 6 weeks ago?  I am sure I am not the only one who has found the new year to be rocketing by.
These are some photos of gifts I made for my children's classmates, and their teachers got some larger versions amongst their other goodies.  I had seen some Cookie Cutter ornaments about, on Pinterest and my talented downline Clare McIlhatton's blog etc, and then I came across some lovely sets of German-made cutters at Aldi Supermarket, of all places!  And at just $3.99 for a pack of 25, my mind instantly went into planning mode.

They are very simple to make, if a little fiddly and time consuming in places.    The cost per ornament was very little, and I used up quite a few sparkly bits and bobs from my stash.  The ornaments are glued onto sheets of retired Christmas Designer Series Papers, and cut out with a craft knife.  I sanded back any scrappy bits, and inked the edges with a sponge.  I used co-ordinating Washi Tape to wrap around the outside, making sure to have punched a hole for ribbon in the top with my Crop-a-dile first!  I then used various bits of rhinestone, buttons, pearls, chipboard stars, and glimmer paper diecut "merry" from the Expressions Thinlits set.  I packaged them up in cello bags with MDS designed card tags, and they were a big hit with the recipients.  Hope you like them!

No comments: