Tuesday 9 April 2013

escape 2 create creativity continued...

This year, there were three highly regarded and talented teachers with a class each to wow us with:  (L-R)
Ebony van der Starre, Kim Jeffress, and Sharmaine Kruijver.   Ebony is a current "Scrapbooking Memories Master", and is on the guest design team for Bella Blvd.  Kim is an Aussie scrapping superstar, on the design teams for Heidi Swapp, Basic Grey, Bella Blvd, Pebbles, Greatest View as well as having been a past Scrapbooking Memories Master.  Sharmaine is on the Cocoa Daisy, Scrapmatts, X-pressIT, FabScraps, D-lish scraps and is also an official blogger for Target.  I decided to do all three classes this year, to create some new pages for my wall frames (most of which still contain pages scrapped when I was last on a design team, some years back now!).  All three ladies were lovely, down to earth and friendly.  Sharmaine and I kept feeling we knew each other from somewhere  (but still can't think how or where, so perhaps it's a kindred spirits thing)

Anyway, here are the projects:

This was created in Ebony's class, and I loved making it.  Lots of masks, mists, strips, tape, and gesso texture. as well as doodling.  I love it, and the colour theme suits my boy's favourite colour - ORANGE!

Kim's class was for a Memory File - and it's not yet complete, as I intend making it an album to record the 2013 e2c retreat roadtrip.  I think I will have a bit of a play using some SU gear to create something similar - it's a fast and  easy way to get memories stuck down and safe.
Here are the progress pics - I've collected quite a few bits and bobs to stash in the pockets, and have plenty of photos.  I'll try and remember to post again when it's done.  And I'd better hurry up, since Kim is keen to show our creations to Heidi Swapp herself (!)


Sharmaine's class was perfect for my messy style, more sprays and paste and splats.  And Potty People!  I'd not heard the term before, but it was perfect for the little wooden male/female shapes we added.  There was resin, washi, twine and more.  Another frame-worthy creation.
As well as these three completed (well, almost!) layouts, I did a non-class layout of my own, first time in aaaaaaggggges, as a warm up before the classes started.  And 14 cards!!  I think that was a record level of output for me at a retreat, but staying up laaaattte is good for that ;-)

More later!!

No comments: