Saturday 9 February 2013

It's BACK to SCHOOL time!


Yes, I know it's been a week or so now, but it's a busy time of year so I didn't post earlier.  Both my kids are happy back at school, Year 5 and Year 3 (oh no, it's DOUBLE NAPLAN this year)
I have also cleaned off lots of SD cards from my camera, and uploaded some pics - here's a couple of the "Teacher's Survival Kit" gift I made for one of my kids' teachers at the end of last year:
I 'upcycled' an old cricut cartridge box and used some mixed media type tricks to paint and alter it with patterned papers, paper napkins, shimmer sprays and more (Lou Nelson and Kate Mason would be proud of me I hope!)  It had a magnetic closure already, but by the time I added linings and layers of paper napkin, it wasn't working too well anymore!  So, I turbo charged it using a pair of incredibly small, incredibly STRONG magnets designed for holding corsages in place on clothing or glass vases.  I hid the one on the outside, using a Filigree designer brad (sadly retired now), and the partner was hidden away on the inside.

For the box contents, I drew upon my experience as a student teachers, and added the following:
Bandaids
Panadol
Vapordrops
Merit stickers
Erasable pens
Whiteboard markers
Opaque Marker for drawing on glass, desks, whiteboards etc  (removes with water!)
Rubber merit stamp
Stampin' Spot for inking up the stamp.

I also made a matching ornament using the same colours and papers:
 And the teacher in question liked it all :)  I guess it makes a nice change from mugs and chocolates?
Hope you like it!

In other news, I have set the date for the next Stampin' Crop - Saturday 23rd February from 10am-5pm.  Call 9484 9447 or text me 0403 175 790 to book your spot.

No comments: