Saturday 16 February 2013

Blooming with Kindness, Thanks, and Warm Wishes


I made these cards using a modified "rock n roll" technique, where I inked up the stamp first all over with "Pool Party".  I then used "Island Indigo" to add a darker colour around the rim of the stamp.  To create depth, I used a sponge dauber to put more Island Indigo on parts of the flower.  And isn't it a beautiful flower!  It belongs to a set from the Annual Catalogue, "Blooming with Kindness"  (just $39.95 in wood).  The set has a wide variety of useful and elegant sentiments, including for hope, thank you, kindness and birthday.  I've actually used some very special stamps on these, from a set given to Convention attendees last year in Canberra, called "Workshop Words".  I inked up the stems with Lucky Limeade.  Very quick, very easy, and lots of fun. 

In other news, Stampin' Crop! is next Saturday 23rd February, and there are just a couple of spots free.  Call me 0403 175 790 to get more information, or check the entry in the Google Calendar at the right sidebar.


No comments: