Tuesday 26 June 2012

Twitterpated with Pretty Postage


I don't know if it was my childhood collection of another kind of stamp entirely, but when I first saw the Pretty Postage stamp set and matching punch, I just knew it would be coming to live with me!

And, the Designer Series Paper "Twitterpated" is such a great selection of patterns in pleasing combinations, that it became an instant favourite.  It is a little unusual, as patterned paper packs go, as it could be used for both masculine and feminine cards, depending on which side of the paper you choose.

Together, they make a quite versatile pair!  I made this pair of cards above for Mother's day, and as you can see, they started out the same, and then I changed them around to give a slightly different look.

The base layer is Blushing Bride, followed by a layer of Baja Breeze that has been edged with the scallop trim punch.  Then I have punched out a series of squares with the postage punch.  After inking the edges with sponge, and popping them up on Stampin' Dimensionals they were all done.  The image squares were made with the Pretty Postage stamp set from the Summer Mini, inked up with markers in matching colours.  Both cards have Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon (oh so delish!), but one has been made into a 'raspberry' by gathering it onto a thread and pulling to tighten, and the other has a ruffled band instead.  One got a matching cute pink Twitterpated button, and the other got some Island Indigo and Cherry Cobbler bakers twine in the middle.  Ta da!  All done :)

Here's a list of some of the products used:
Twitterpated Designer Series Paper 125406 $18.95 12 sheets 12x12 heavy weight double sided paper
Twitterpated Designer Buttons 125579 $12.95 for snap container of 48 buttons
Postage Stamp Punch  122344 $30.95
Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding 120992 $12.95
Scallop trim punch 118402 $30.95

If you would like to order anything I have used here, please contact me, I can have your order delivered anywhere in Australia!



No comments: