Thursday 3 May 2012

Update...

It's been a little while, life has been somewhat hectic, in a creative way though!
I hope to get back to regular posting very soon, but in the mean time I have a little rush of catch-up posts to make up for my slackness.

 These are the fastest, easiest easter treats for my kids to hand out to their classmates!  I was a bit over chocolate, even before easter got here (did I actually say that?? ).  I had also found a mega jar of Jelly Belly beans at Costco that if I didn't parcel them up and ship them out, would have found their way into my tummy...  (maybe it was sugar I was over rather than chocolate?  Yeah, that sounds better!)  50 something packs of beans made short work of the jar, so that worked out really well.  I used skinny cello self seal bags, and had an idea to use the new Sizzix Framelits Labels Collection from the Autumn Winter mini as a topper for the bag.  Just like the fabulous "Top Note" Sizzix Bigz die we've had for ages, the Framelit shapes are symmetrical, and can be folded in either portrait or landscape to form a bag topper.  The best thing?  The SIZES!  I had no idea until they arrived that the largest Framelit shape is much bigger than the usual nested dies, big enough to use as a decent sized card.  So, there was a die size for pretty much any bag, including the mini bags I was using.  I was able to cut the label Framelits three sheets of cardstock at a time (pretty amazing) on the Bigshot, and was able to use up lots of scrap cardstock.   You can check out the Framelits on page 18 of the mini catalogue, $49.95, 125598.  The Designer Label punch was perfect for the front label, and I whizzed up a batch of those using the chick stamp from the "Best of Everything"set, 124946 $47.95.  I inked up in Daffodil Delight ink, but then I rolled the edges of the inked stamp onto a Peach Parfait inkpad, to get more contrast for the edges against the sharp white label.  A little greeting from good old "Teeny Tiny (something for everything) Sentiments" and a dab of SNAIL, and they were done!  I did gather them all together for the pics above, because they looked so cute and colourful.  They went down a treat apparently, so all was good there. 

Here I am, at my car boot sale stall, just after the completion of set up.  I managed to sell a few of the retired sets on offer, and quite a few cards from the donation box were purchased to benefit the Dural Rural Fire Brigade.  Thanks so much to the lovely customers who were able to drop by for a visit.  Unfortunately, the drawcard, car stopper of a Jumping Castle for the kids was a last minute no-show, so traffic was a bit lighter than expected.  I did manage to make quite a few swap cards, so it worked out to be a fun day.  Off to find more neglected pics in my blog folder!

No comments: