Wednesday 5 October 2011

More motorbikes - Father's Day Card


Another motorbike stamp, another one just retired!!  I hope all of you who liked it managed to order one before the end of the Autumn/Winter mini, because I'll not be parting with mine!
This is a card I made for my dad, who enjoys rebuilding and riding vintage motorcycles.  His favoured bikes are a bit more European in style than this one, but we can make do! His favourite colour is green, so I've used Wild Wasabi as the card base, stamped with the Woodgrain background.  Getting inspiration from the colour combination in the Just add cake DSP, I've paired it with Baja Breeze, So Saffron and Pumpkin Pie.  These panels have been run through my crimping tool several times, in both horizontal and vertical directions to get a waffle look, and then torn and the layers separated.  You can see the waffle texture best in the Baja Breeze strip at the bottom, where I have highlighted the bumps with a skimming of ink from a sponge block.
The main image was stamped in Stazon Black, and coloured with markers and some silver Shimmer Paint applied with a Blender Pen.  The halo-like splodgy background was made by scribbling patches of colour onto a damp acetate sheet, masking off the final stamped image, then pressing the acetate over the top to transfer the ink.  I secured the panels with the mini library clips, because they are both cute and blokey!  The sentiment is from the JUST GOTTA HAVE IT set, Teeny Tiny Sentiments  (I use this set so often I've considered setting up a keyboard shortcut :p )

Hope you like - back to assignments! 
On that note, if there is anyone out there with a diagnosis of dyslexia who would like to give me a sentence or comment about what it meant to them as a child at school (or as an adult), I'd love to receive them via email at michelle.dyson@bigpond.com  
You won't be identified, but your quote might make it to my mini movie about Inclusive Education practices.

Thanks!

1 comment:

Debbie Lamb said...

This looks great and worth all the effort.