Monday 18 April 2011

Thanks so much for your support - let's keep at it!

Thank you, thank you THANK YOU!  I have sold almost 400 tickets to date with your kind and generous support.  Corina, Ethan's mum ,has received all the funds cleared to date.  I'm hoping to be able to raise lots more however, my dream would be to cover the cost of the monitoring equipment and a few months worth of the consumables.  I would absolutely welcome any help in promoting the raffle, to help me achieve this goal!

For now, there are still spaces in my class tomorrow night, to make a beautiful origami box full of gift cards for all occasions.  Give me a call if you've been meaning to confirm, or if you'd like to book in.  There are more details in this post below.  The one in the pic is the prototype though. you'll be able to choose from a selection of co-ordinating SU! DSP and cardstock colours and a wide range of stamp sets and embossing folders to embellish with.

Here's another creation from my recent trip away to the Escape 2 Create retreat near Port Lincoln, SA:
This is a sneak peek of my swap cards for Convention 2011 - better start assembling more of them though, there are not that many days to go!!  It uses the "Clearly for you" set from the Autumn Winter Mini catalogue.  There are a wide selection of realistic botanical type images, and I can see heaps of versatility for it.  The base layer is Crumb Cake, stamped with the "Woodgrain" background.  Next, there's a layer of Pear Pizzazz, stamped with matching ink using the gorgeous tile background stamp from the set.  I've roughed up the edges with the distressing tool  from the Cutter Kit.  Peeking out from behind the torn and curled upper right corner is a bit of So Saffron, punched with the Scallop Trim corner punch.  There's also a band of So Saffron across the centre, that I rolled up and then across the table edge to soften and give it a faux ribbon look.  The central image was inked up to become raspberries, using several shades of green and red marker, using the thumping (perhaps better described as dabbing??) technique, before stamping on Very Vanilla.  This is layered on a distressed piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock.  The finishing touches are some linen thread wrapped around the So Saffron band, a butterfly from the set stamped and fussy-cut out, and a hand-cut sentiment tag tied on with a snippet of Chantilly lace trim.  It might look complex, but it is relatively fast and easy to make en masse, so hopefully if I see you at Convention, I can maybe swap with you?

No comments: