Thursday 21 April 2011

Cheers to you, with a Sweet and Sour Top Note chaser

Just a quick one, while I take a break from essay writing.   Here is another card I made at the e2c retreat, verrryyyy late one night.  It was inspired by they colourful cocktails being prepared by the neighbouring table.  The layout was inspired by an idea in "Papercrafts" magazine, a US publication that I like for the variety and style of designs, even the ads are interesting!  Catching a glimpse of the trends about to hit here is always good.  They often have design tips tucked away in the challenge articles, and this one was about using die-cut papers with a decorative edge as a design feature on a card - not just as the background for a scrapbook page.  I didn't have any die cut edge papers lying about, but was inspired to create my own custom one using the "Top Note" Big Shot die.  I cut a panel to the approximate size, and chopped off one end using the die to create the shape.  The shape created neatly frames the sentiment, and also shows off the "Sweet and Sour" specialty thermographic paper to its full advantage.

The image was done with "Cheers to You"  a set I took away with me to use, sadly neglected in my collection, although I do love it!  I stamped in Stazon black and coloured with my Watercolor Wonder crayons and a blender pen.  The papers were perfect for Cosmos and Mango Daiquiris, hence the choice of matting and layering.   The final touch was a bit of Pumpkin Pie narrow taffeta ribbon threaded through a Tangerine Tango button.  I added a glossy coat of Crystal Effects to the glasses before calling it a night morning. 

Did you receive my newsletter today about Ethan's Fundraising appeal?  If you'd like to receive my monthly-ish updates, you can click here to add your details to my mailing list.  If you'd like to help me spread the word, drop me an email at michelle.dyson@bigpond.com and I'll forward today's special edition.  Thanks!!

No comments: