Wednesday 23 March 2011

Time is running out - Sale-a-brate with the Summer Mini

There are just  a few short days left to order items from the current Summer Mini catalogue - it ends on March 31st.  I'm driving to South Australia to teach a stamping workshop at a fabulous retreat, leaving next Wednesday morning 30th, but I'll be able to access my email on the way, and my mobile is 0403 175 790  - text messages will be best, as coverage is patchy in lots of areas along the way.  Sale-a-bration also ends on the same date, 31st March, so check out the great selection of free sets with each $100 you spend, from any catalogue, mini or main.  

The card above is made from one of the sets in the mini, "Grunge Rock" , 122055, just $35.95 in woodmount even!  It didn't grab me at first, but then I kept seeing great cards being made with it, especially for men and teenagers  - two of the hardest groups of recipients, for many cardmakers at least. The purchase price is about 6 or 7 cards from the shop, so it will pay for itself in no time!!  This one started out as a straight CASE of one of the cards that leapt off the page for me while browsing the gallery for this set over on Splitcoast stampers.  Imagine my surprise and pleasure to see it was made by Rachel Capps , another demonstrator on the Inklings team.  I see Rachel has the quote "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" on her blog header, while grabbing the link, so I hope she likes my version of her beautiful card.  Since I am on a grungy bent at the moment, I couldn't help but get out the distresser tool and do some ripping and rolling, and add some linen thread that I roughed up.  I added a second guitar, mainly because I couldn't decide which colour to go with....

Another item I've used on this card from the mini is the MUST HAVE!! Square Lattice embossing folder for the Big Shot.  This is, without doubt, one of the folders I have found to be most useful of all the designs I own (and there are lots, trust me!!)  It looks great for male, female, vintage, clean and simple, works fabulously with the inking technique and more.    Just $15.95, 119976, page 17. 

So, don't delay, have a little retail therapy session, and cross a few things off your wishlist!

1 comment:

Loralei said...

love this card! Perfect for a teenager :)