Saturday 17 July 2010

Kindred Spirits in Plums


Kindred Spirits is a lovely set, just $38.95 for two large background stamp sized images and two sentiments. The set is double mounted, which does take a little getting used to, but I think it's well worth it for compactness and value. One side of the large stamp has what I call the 'berry sprig' (above) and the reverse side has a branch that looks like misteltoe.  The sentiments include "Kindred Spirits", as the set name would suggest, and a well sized "With Sympathy"   - never a sentiment you wish to need, but need it you will, from time to time :( 

The card above has a Perfect Plum base, followed by a distressed Pale Plum layer, inked with Perfect Plum ink.  For the image layer I have used Confetti White for it's handmade look.  I have also taken the distressing tool from the cutter kit to this layer and inked the edges with Mellow Moss ink.

I used markers to ink up the various elements of the "berry sprig" - Pale Plum,  Perfect Plum and Mellow Moss.. With two of these three harmonious colours retiring, make sure they are in your collection if they appeal to you.  The sentiment was stamped using my Stamp-a-ma-jig and Mellow Moss ink.  I thought about adding some ribbon or a metal designer brad, but decided to leave it in elegant simplicity.

Onto slightly happier thoughts, I have seen some cracker Christmas cards made with the Misteltoe-looking side of the main stamp, perhaps I'll have a play with making some of those soon.

1 comment:

Merry said...

This is very pretty...a lovely sympathy card.