Saturday 24 July 2010

Just one little Owl


Here's the second of my Owl cards, a simple colour variation on the one I showed you below.  This one is more intense, as I have used the yummiest new colour, Melon Mambo as the upper layer, on a Pretty in Pink card base.  Aside for a different sentiment and a solitary owl, all the details are pretty much the same as the other card.  I did use a different embellishment for the centre of the Felt Fusion flowers, this time a Flower Designer brad.

What I have done with these two cards, and also a third (unfinished) with a Melon Mambo base, is to take a colour combination that I liked, and a layout that I liked, and tweaked the order of the layers and the sentiments to create a series of cards.  By doing this, I can make several cards in a sitting, with little to no waste of cardstock, and without the tedium that mass production can induce at times!  It's also an ideal project to do while out at a crop event, as you don't need a lot of stamps, colours or accessories to complete a decent batch.  Happy Saturday everyone, hope you can squeeze in some crafting time!

No comments: