Tuesday 13 July 2010

Classes and Crops and Cards

There's a lot happening around here this week!   On Friday night 16th July from 7.30pm you can come along to my home in Cherrybrook and learn all about heat embossing - there are currently two available spaces.


Heat Embossing Class Friday 16th July 7.30pm-10pm
This is a technique class, where you will explore several uses for heat embossing, from resist to faux metal. You will make several pieces that you can turn into either cards or samples for your technique book, there's always lots of "WOW's" at this class, even for experienced cardmakers. You will also receive detailed written notes so you can go home and dig out those neglected heat tools and create some "WOW's" of your own.  All materials you need for the class are included and light supper will be provided. Cost for the class is $20, and you can reserve your place by calling me on 9484 9447 or by email at michelle.dyson@bigpond.com

 
Stampin' Crop Day - Saturday 17th July 10am - 5pm
Join myself and a lovely group of ladies for the day, and bring along whatever projects you are keen to work on, catch up on your scrapping,  get some cards made, cross-stitch even!  I provide morning and afternoon tea, impromptu demonstration and instruction, heaps of inspiration, and my extensive collection of tools, punches, die cutting machines and stamps for your use on the day. Come and go as you please, lunch can be BYO or grab a bite to eat from the bakery or cafe just 2 minute walk away.

Where? My home in Cherrybrook, ring 9484 9447 or 0403 175 790 to book your spot and get location details. New ladies are most welcome!

What to bring? Your basic papercrafting tools (trimmer, bone scorer), your projects to work on, a selection of adhesives, packed lunch if you wish.

Cost: $15 for the day, includes tea, coffee, nibbles, morning and afternoon tea and use of my equipment.

And now for something creative!
I was intending to make something else to go with this suite of cards, and submit for magazine publication, but they sat on the bookshelf for a while too long, and now the gorgeous Brocade Blue I used is scheduled for retirement...  Ah well, I'll just have to put my thinking cap back on and make something else :)



First up is a mini pizza box, filled with stamped notelets. I've posted instructions for making these cute little boxes before, look here for details. The base is Brocade Blue and I have stamped in Brocade Blue ink using the Baroque background stamp. The centre image is stamped onto Confetti White cardstock, using Night of Navy and Brocade Blue markers, with stamps from the Friends 24-7 set, and the Friendly Words wheel that I unmounted to use the sentiments separately.  I cut the nested shapes on my Bigshot and mounted them with Stampin' Dimensionals. To embellish, I added some Pretties Kit flowers and pearls, and layered white taffeta ribbon and Brocade Blue grosgrain ribbon, adhering around the edges.  The notelets were 3" square pieces of high quality copy paper, stamped in one corner with the damask stamp from Friends 24-7 and another quote from the unmounted "Friendly Words" wheel.  I hope you think they look like they belong in a stamping magazine!  They'll just have to settle for my little blog instead LOL!  Stay tuned, I should get a chance to post another item from the set tomorrow

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I love your pizza box notelets- thanks again for the ones you sent me!! Your new blog header looks fantastic too!!