Wednesday 30 June 2010

and a partidge in a pear tree....


This card is mostly Stampin' Up!, but when I saw how well the tree stamp went with our Good Morning Sunshine Designer Series Papers, I couldn't resist borrowing it from a friend and giving it a go at a recent scrapbooking gathering.  The card base is Old Olive, and I sponged the edges with Old Olive ink, and stamped the Medallion background all over in Old Olive too.

I wanted to use a piece of Good Morning Sunshine paper that has a very similar  pear print to the main image, but as luck would have it (not!), that particular pattern was not in my crop stash.  Ahhh, never mind!  The beauty of the Stampin' Up! colour system is that because the colours match so well between paper, card and ink, you can get away with it (and if I didn't tell you you'd probably not even think about it!)

 Anyway, I matted a piece of the Designer Series paper with Chocolate Chip cardstock and attached to the left side of the card.  I inked up the tree stamp with my markers, in Old Olive, Chocolate Chip and Summer Sun, which was a technique not seen before by quite a few people at our table, so it was nice to be able to share that knowledge.

I stamped the image onto a piece of Whisper White and matted it with a piece of Summer Sun with sponged edges for definition.  This panel was popped up over the DSP panel with Stampin' Dimensionals.  For finishing touches I used a scrap of Chocolate Chip wide grosgrain with a "Fire"circle rhinestone brad through a Felt Fusion flower, and drew a border around the panels with the fine point of my Chocolate Chip marker.

There were a few oohs and ahhhs at the table, so I hope you like it too! 

* Don't forget, today is the last day to get your orders in for the final "Deal of the Week" on selected rhinestone brads and ribbon - last order to make the deadline will be submitted after I have got the kids tucked into bed tonight. 

* We've also had our first completely sold out item in the retiring colours announced, Close to Cocoa cardstock is no longer available to order.  I expect there are a number of other items that will join Cocoa shortly, so if you haven't done so already, it's high time for that inventory of your stash! Call or email me with your requirements and beat the panic...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it Michelle!

Unknown said...

ooooooh aaaaaah!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Michelle!