Sunday 16 May 2010

Melon Medallion

I love the "Medallion" stamp in the Autumn/Winter Mini catalogue, it's been on my 'drool list' since it made it's debut in the US Stampin' Up! catalogue.  And now it's here!!  Woo hoo!!  I've seen it used for quite a number of techniques, including emerging colour, emboss resist, layering and more.  It's such a bold and large image that it makes for a really quick card. 

For this card, I decided to try a thumping/multicoloured image technique.  I inked up the stamp in Melon Mambo ink all over.  Next, I took a wedge of clean, dry sponge and 'twisted' off patches of ink, leaving bare rubber underneath.  I then daubered on Kiwi Kiss ink into the spaces and stamped onto Whisper White.  And, the bonus is that by cutting the image in half I could make two cards with one impression! 

Instead of leaving it onto the white background, I cut around the image with papersnips and mounted it on a Kiwi Kiss piece, and trimmed again.  The base card is Melon Mambo, stamped with "Polka Dot" background.

To embellish, I used a yummy filigree designer brad, with a Rhinestone brad through the centre.  The Kiwi Kiss double sided satin ribbon was the perfect match for the bright, blingy look, and I used a diecut label shape to stamp a greeting from "Short and Sweet".  All done!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Love this card Michelle, one of my fave colour combos. Must try that multicolour stamping technique. And thanks for your part in the blog hop I really enjoyed participating!