Wednesday 19 May 2010

Mark II - Scallop Circle + Fox and Friends + Medallion = Quick and Easy!

Here is Mark II in my series, and I hope you'll agree it's a slight refinement on the original prototype below!!??

The card base is Close to Cocoa, and I cut the base in the same way, using the Scallop circle bigshot die to cut a card from a folded piece of A5 cardstock.  I stamped the Medallion background using Close to Cocoa ink - it's a match made in heaven size wise!!  And if you were thinking a little more deeply than I was at the time, you could probably line up the points on the Medallion with the bumps on the Scallop much better!!

Over this, I have cut a 3" circle out of Kiwi Kiss cardstock, and sponged the edges.  A slightly smaller circle of Really Rust was also cut on the circle Scissor, 2 3/4"  - also sponged.

I had a thought of using the 1 3/4" circle as a "moon" backdrop for the cutest little owl, from the "Fox and Friends" stamp set.  He's inked up simply in plain Chocolate Chip, and is perched on a branch cut from Old Olive using the 2 Step Bird punch.  A snippet of Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain was the finishing touch.  I didn't add one to this card, but a sentiment from the "Teeny Tiny Sentiments" set would look just fine under the branch.

Hope you like it, there's another to follow that I like even more, still working on lots of Mark III for my Convention Swap - only one more sleep before I head into the city to stay at a hotel ready for a bright and early start on Friday morning!!

No comments: