Monday 3 May 2010

Manhattan Flower Kiwi Mothers Day Card


Oops! Where does the time go? I swear I was coming back in the same day to describe the rest of the cards I posted below, but alas, life intervened... To make this post look purty on your blog feed summaries, I'll post the pic again.


Card base: Kiwi Kiss stamped with 5th Avenue Floral in Versamark ink



Embossed panel: Whisper White cardstock through "Manhattan Flower" embossing folder and the BigShot, then trimmed to remove blank areas using papersnips



Ribbon: Narrow black grosgrain vertically, with a tie of Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain



Sentiment: Label stamp from the recent Sale-a-bration set, "Vintage Labels", with a stamp from "Occasionally" positioned inside it, punched with curly label punch and mounted with Stampin' Dimensionals.


Easy Peasy, and it is the kind of card you could make a batch of ahead of time, using various base colours, and add an appropriate sentiment as the occasion demanded.


I love the colour combination of black, kiwi and white in this card, to me it looks crisp and sophisticated. Changing the colour to Bashful Blue or Pink Pirouette and you could have a wedding card. I like versatile card designs, what do you think of this one??

No comments: