Monday 17 May 2010

It's Scrapbooking Month! Sweet Nothings Simply Scrappin Kit layout


I'm putting this here to show that I *can* and *do* occasionally make a scrapbook page!!  I was a scrapper before I got into making cards, and the appeal of cardmaking was that cards can be completed in smaller chunks of time.  I am one of those 'work on a layout for a week' people usually, so it is gratifying to whip up a card or two in an hour, give them away and then work on the next.

However, in honour of Scrapbooking Month, here is a 6x6 layout I have made as part of a swap amongst a lovely group of demonstrators.  I have used a "Simply Scrappin Kit" for the first time too - tooo easy!  It came together so fast I could probably make a few more pages without digging into my cardmaking time ;)

The kit I have used is "Sweet Nothings" and it uses the colours Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss and Pink Pirouette.  These colours are also featured in the Designer Series Paper "Bella Rose" so you could extend one kit to make a whole album with ease, by purchasing a pack of Bella Rose and a pack of 12x12 In Color cardstock.  The Simply Scrappin kits come packed with *SIX* 12x6" diecut sticker sheets, and I have barely scratched the surface of those (and I made 5 copies of this page for the swap)  There are also DSP's  exclusive to the kits inside, and textured cardstock.

The photo is of my craft studio not long after I had finished moving in and making it look noice, trust me, it doesn't look much like that now,  at least in terms of tidyness!!  Stamps I have used include "Bella's Bloom" and the "Life Definitions" set - a must have for scrapping.  I stitched around the outside on my sewing machine, which sees a lot more paper than fabric these days!!  The embellishments are "Felt Fusion Too" felt flowers and Bouquet Buttons, a rhinestone brad and a snippet of delectable Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon. 

Hope you like it, let me know what you think!!

No comments: