Thursday 22 April 2010

It's Melon Mambo 6 and 7/8ths!

Sorry, everytime I write Melon Mambo at the moment I am reminded of a line in the Bob the Builder CD currently playing in my car... It's a very catchy version of the Lou Bega Mambo No. 5. But being a builder, Bob's more accustomed to fractions of an inch, as are we as papercrafters! LOL, it probably sounds like I'm having a crazy moment...

So, what is Melon Mambo anyway?? Well, it's one of the THREE new 'In Colors' in the Autumn/Winter Mini! It's a lovely bright pink, but with a more reddish tone, so not so 'bubblegum' pink as Pink Passion and Pixie Pink. It seems to go so well with Kiwi Kiss and many other colours, and I'm looking forward to using it lots!

This is the first card I made with Melon Mambo, and it also uses one of my favourite stamps in the Mini, the Medallion background. I've seen so many different uses for this large bold stamp, and I'm loving it! So, how did I achieve the effect in the image above? I inked up the Medallion stamp with Melon Mambo, and then used a clean sponge dauber to 'twist' off some patches of ink. I then used a sponge wedge to dab on Kiwi Kiss ink in those patches, and there is a bit of natural blending where the two colours overlap. Stamp! Voila! A multi-coloured, almost tie-dyed effect. Then I cut the stamped image in half , so from one impression I could make two cards. I used the Scallop border punch on one long edge, so I could see more of the Melon Mambo background. I sponged the edges of the scallop edge with Kiwi Kiss, and matted the panel onto a card base of Melon Mambo. To finish, I stamped the 'thanks' sentiment from "Thank You Kindly" in Melon Mambo, and added a filligree brad and rhinestone brad for the centre of the Medallion. I hope you like it, bright and cheerful!

No comments: