Friday 19 March 2010

Nature's Nest - Pretty as a Peacock


I haven't seen many cards made with this beautiful feather stamp from the "Nature's Nest" set from the Summer Mini catalogue, and it's a shame! When I looked at it, I knew instantly that I would like to try colouring it as if it were a peacock feather, hence the colour combination of this card. Where we were staying at Bawley Point, there was a number of peacocks, so I was able to work from real life in choosing the colours.

The base is Night of Navy, and the mats are layered Baja Breeze, Taken with Teal and Brushed Gold metallic cardstock, for that bit of irridescent shimmer!

The feather I played around with a few methods of colouring, and settled on inking up with Baja Breeze and then using the Marker Thumping technique to add accent layers of colour. I didn't have my Encore Gold inkpad with me, or I would have "Rock n Rolled" the final inked up feather.

The ribbon is from Valet Ribbon Originals, a gorgeous satin Baja Breeze, and the greeting is from the must have "Best Yet" Level 1 hostess set.

Speaking of Hostess benefits, why not get a group of three friends together for coffee before March 31st, and browse the main IB&C and Summer Mini before it's gone? Spend $100 each, and you'll not only have some lovely products to use, you'll also be able to choose a Sale-a-bration stamp set each! And, you can receive the usual Hostess Benefits for a $300 order and share them amongst yourselves, "Best Yet" included if you choose it. Many of my customers craft with friends and have been steadily growing their library of stamps and inkpads in this way, give it a try! Just contact me for a "Catalogue Party" kit that you can use to make things easy peasy :) Ph 9484 9447 or email michelle.dyson@bigpond.com