Friday 12 February 2010

A card For Everything , including Friendship

This card is another that I made on my beach holiday. It uses the Summer Mini set "For Everything" along with several other bits and bobs from the Mini. The base card is Pretty In Pink, and the upper panel is Whisper White that I have edged with the Scallop border punch and sponged with Pretty in Pink ink.


The colours I have used in the stamped panel were chosen very easily, by looking at the colours in the adorable "Kaleidoscope" designer series paper - Green Galore, Pink Passion, Summer Sun, Tempting Turquoise and Pixie Pink.

I stamped the images on the base card, and then stamped again on scrap cardstock before cutting out and layering using Stampin' Dimensionals. The leaves were stamped in Green Galore onto Gable Green cardstock and cut out before sticking against the stem. I also used the Rock n Roll technique to add layers of colour to the flower images.


The bottom panel of Kaleidoscope paper is matted with Tempting Turquoise, and I glued down a thin sliver of Pink Passion cardstock using 2-way glue pen to form a border. I have used a piece of the wide Pink Pirouette grosgrain ribbon, and made it into a bow by stitching across the centre with sewing thread. I added a beautiful crochet flower from the Fleurettes pack (also in the Summer Mini) and centred it with a button from the Sherbet button collection (again from the mini - so much cool stuff in there hey!) The greeting was done by inking up the Friendship stamp with markers in several colours, and I cut around it so that the large oval punch formed a good mat for the trimmed piece. It was nice to work with really pretty colours for a change!

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Wow Michelle...I can't believe the amount of cutting you did for this card!!!! It looks beautiful and the way you have done the bow is stunning. Brilliant job!!