Saturday 12 December 2009

Christmas Classics part III


Here's the second card I whipped up using the Christmas Classics stamp set, this time using the Star stamp. I entertained the idea of using the other image from the set, the Christmas tree, but I thought it would look a little too strange dangling from the 'sky' - a bit of lateral thinking and design modification required, but I think I will give it a go to make the trifecta. The card is made in the exact same way as the previous bauble design, but using the star instead.


I really love how the detailed cross hatching on the stamps looks so authentically 3D when embossed. It's also the kind of stamp that looks great stamped in one colour, without needing to be coloured, or, you can stamp in Stazon ink and sponge colour over it, using a dauber. See, there's some more versatility with this set!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle, I do love your stars and baubles. Very nice idea.