Wednesday 1 July 2009

Punch Art Puppy and some Pizza box Notelets


Here are a couple of projects I have been working on recently. The top one was based on a recent Splitcoast Stampers tutorial for making mini pizza boxes from a 6 x 11" sheet of cardstock. They were very easy, especially so when using a Scorpal board! You can find the link to the instructions online HERE. I decided to create some 3x3 notelets to go inside them, but they are a good size for lots of little gift items, such as cards, chocolates, Pandora bracelet packed with gold charms... you know the kind of thing!


I added some of the wide striped grosgrain ribbon around these examples, in Baja Breeze and Pacific Point. On the tops, one box I embossed with 5th Avenue Floral images, and the other I just stamped in Versamark. I made matted panels of Whisper White stamped with the 5th Avenue, and then popped some up on Stampin' Dimensionals and added blue chunky sprinkles in the centres with the trusty Tombow Multi glue.


For the notelets, I tooks some high quality copy paper (Canon High Grade) - this is a nice smooth bright white, and is 100gsm rather than standard 80gsm, so a little heavier in weight. It is very nice to stamp on, with little to no show-through. I cut the sheets into 3x3 squares, and stamped images from the 5th Avenue Floral set across the top in Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze and Pacific Point. Just the ticket to pop in with a delivery or a note for the teacher. Hope you like them, my recipients did!



The Punch Art card was inspired by this card on Splitcoast, by LeeAnn Greff , which was in turn inspired by a similar doggy card. Thanks LeeAnn! I made him in Basic Gray because the little friend of my son who's birthday it was for has a black puppy. I inked the edges in black, so there was enough definition. It is composed of several punches, including circles for the head, body, feet and muzzle, the word window for the ears and eye patch, a quarter circle for the nose, the horizontal slot for the tongue, and hand held circle punch for the eyes. I also used my Stampin' Write marker to add some whisker spots and pupils for the eyes, and toes on the feet.


The background is done on Whisper White cardstock, and the grass is stamped off several times in Kiwi Kiss ink using the Inspired by Nature set. I then cut out some cloud shapes and used them to mask off some areas of the sky, before sponging with Bashful Blue ink. Thanks to Kim Tonnet for the idea of the cloud shapes, she used it beautifully on a card she made recently.
The card base is Real Red, and it has been stamped in Real Red ink using the Sanded background, but that's probably a little hard to see!
To finish, I stamped 'happy birthday' in Real Red ink from the Family Phrases set - this set goes really well on kids cards because of the font style. He was a big hit with the recipient, and my son also used his twin (I made 2 cards at the same time) for a presentation he did in class on "interesting jobs". He was going to talk about his dad, who does have an interesting job, but the potential for interesting props like cards, stamps, ink and punches swayed him to decide on me ha ha! While looking for ideas for this card I found lots of super cute punch art, so maybe soon I'll get around to creating more!

2 comments:

Lynda said...

LURVE the doggie Michelle, He looks very much at home and ready to pounce on a rogue ball that goes by!! The pizza boxes are delightful and will suit the love notes perfectly. I have put the SCS tutorial aside, but have not done it as yet...better wag my tail and get to it huh?? LOL!!

Robyn said...

Yes! Those pizza boxes are gorgeous IRL!! (I was one of those lucky recipients !!) And I just LOVE the dog (who thinks up these things? -someone very clever)Your background of grass and clouds is just fabulous too Michelle! TFS !!