Tuesday 12 May 2009

Circle Circus - a Convention Make n Take


Um, this is the only one I have completed so far, as we were having so much fun chatting with tablemates that the other project packets were left until later. Also, I was able to attend an optional Leadership session about being a great Upline for my team, StampInkPaper Inc. And, because we received both the Trendy Trees and Circle Circus sets as part of Convention registration, I knew I could complete them later. And I will, someday soon I hope!! Vacuuming and hard floor cleaning calls today, but perhaps I'll get some stamping in when miss Lillian has her nap - down to one day a week now that she is a big 4 year old.


On to the card!!
The base layer is So Saffron, and the middle layer is Bashful Blue, with a thin strip of Pacific Point at the top. The flowers are made with the Scallop Circle and Circle punches of various sizes, stamped with So Saffron, Pacific Point and Tangerine Tango inks and these are mounted on thin strips of Kiwi Kiss to form stems. Brads and a button from the Button Latte collection ad the final touch to the flowers. The base of the card is stamped with the bubble image from the Circle Circus set and the Thinking of You sentiment is from the Trendy Trees set. Kiwi Kiss striped wide grosgrain ribbon was wrapped around the card front and tied to complete.


More about Circle Circus - this set can be found on page 104 of the catalogue, and consists of 10 stamps with various patterns and sizes. It is an extremely versatile set, which can be used for multiple occasions and cards for men, women and kids. The designs vary from geometric patterns, to floral, oriental and whimsical, and it co-ordinates with the Haiku and Patterns Designer Series papers in particular. It's great value at $52.95, so contact me today to add it to your collection!

3 comments:

Robyn said...

I didn't make any of mine either! Sorry I missed meeting you at Convention!- maybe next year! (btw I'm sure you are already a great upline!)

Michelle said...

LOL, thanks! I think there were a lot of people who didn't make their packs up! I have done all except the 12x12 page now, having spent a lovely weekend at Stamp Camp. I did think about asking all the Robyns if they were you, but was too shy ;) Definitely next year! Perhaps we need our blog names on our name tags?
Have a great day!

Cat said...

very cute card! i just love this set and am so hopeful it will be in the new US catalog this summer. TFS