Thursday 5 February 2009

Groovy Afternoon Tea with Chocolate - Calendar


Yes, I know it is February (ALREADY!!!), but I forgot to tear off the little page for January before taking the photo. At the rate I am working, you will be seeing calendar ideas every month! Anyway, this one was inspired by a design in the pretty Afternoon Tea Designer Series Papers - available in the Summer Mini catalogue until only 31st March - get them before they're gone! This paper series co-ordinates beautifully with the 2008-2009 In Colours of Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky, as well as Whisper White and Chocolate Chip, so don't forget to stock up on the cardstock as well. This paper also co-ordinates perfectly with the versatile "Live Your Dreams" stamp set, also from the Summer Mini. It's a great set for scrappers and card-makers alike, with several versatile elements - I do love the little birdy, and the journalling dot block (behind the calendar in this example) is great!
Here's how it was done:
*I stamped the flower stamp in Chocolate Chip over a Close to Cocoa card base, concentrating on getting plenty of image on the outer edge which would be showing.
*I distressed the edges of a piece of Afternoon Tea paper, and inked them, before attaching to the base.
*Next I stamped the journal block stamp on a small piece of Groovy Guava to back the calendar, then mounted this again on Chocolate Chip.
*I stamped off the large floral stem stamp in Close to Cocoa over a larger piece of Groovy Guava, again distressing and inking the edges
*I stamped the bird and butterfly in Chocolate Chip ink, and then overstamped with Versamark using my SAMJ, and embossed with clear powder to give a 3D shiny look.
*To finish I stuck down the pieces, and added some white half pearls from the Pretties Kit and a piece of wide chocolate grosgrain. On the back I put magnetic strip tape, so it can go onto the fridge of a loved one :)

Hope you like it! I hope to get a newsletter out today, so stay tuned (bit of cleaning and tidying must be done first - even with children back at school this house seems to deteriorate into a bomb site before my very eyes!!)

No comments: