Monday 12 January 2009

One last Christmas card


I'm not sure how this one slipped the blognet, because it was one of my favourites that I made last year. However, when I was tidying my bombsite of a craft room I unearthed it.
It uses the single tree from "Lovely as a Tree" (108866 $48.95), stamped in Always Artichoke on Very Vanilla card. The base is Always Artichoke, stamped with "Linen" background, using Artichoke ink.
A strip of Holiday Harmony paper from the Spring Mini is layered with Mellow Moss and Vanilla strips.
I stamped the 'noel' greeting from "Many Merry Messages" using versamark, and added a coat of glitter using Heat n Stick powder. I think next time I'll try Whisper White Craft pigment ink instead, for greater holding power for the adhesive granules of the Heat n stick, but I was quite pleased with how it turned out anyway.
I used dots of the fabulous Tombow liquid adhesive in the Summer Mini ($7.95, not $12.95 as printed in the catalogue) on the tree branches, and sprinkled with several colours of microfine glitter. To finish I added 3 brads in matching tones to the glitter.

Hope you like it! I must get the tree silhouette stamp from the Lovely as a Tree set and have a play with brayering techniques. Hmm, maybe when school goes back!!

No comments: