Wednesday 17 September 2008

Better late than never!



I realised when looking through my photos this month that I haven't posted the Father's Day cards! So, here they are - including the 'action' card made by my little boy for his daddy!

The Blue card is on a Blue Bayou background, stamped with Blue Bayou ink with the Canvas background stamp. Then a piece of Soft Sky cardstock was run through the Cuttlebug with the Forest Branches embossing folder, and then I distressed the edges using the distressing tool from the Cutter Kit. A piece of Wild Wasabi cardstock was sponged with Wild Wasabi using a Sponge Dauber and a piece of VeryVanilla stamped with the Father's Day stamp from Occasional Greetings in Bayou Blue was mounted over it. Wide grosgrain in Certainly Celery was tied around the Soft Sky piece to finish. I also made this card with a Celery panel in place of the Wasabi, but I forgot to take a pic before posting off to my dad :) I'm sure you get the idea anyway!
The red and blue card is based on Not Quite Navy cardstock, and I have used the Faux Tearing technique and the Canvas background, stamped in Blue Bayou ink, the 'torn' edge is sponged with Blue Bayou ink with a dauber to create the look of an extra layer. The 'torn' theme is continued with the piece of Ruby Red, mounted with Very Vanilla stamped with the Father's Day stamp in Ruby Red. Three aged copper brads were placed at the bottom, and wide grosgrain in Real Red was used as a band. Note to self - select Real Red cardstock next time! (Or, better still, ask Stampin' Up for wide grosgrain in my FAVE colour, Ruby Red!)
My son's card says "I love you" on the front, with action popping bright yellow (Yoyo Yellow perhaps?) arms attached to the inside, against a very lifelike drawing of Daddy, "This Much" are the words hiding under the arms. One to treasure always, I'm sure!
Don't forget to RSVP ASAP to our "Get Ready for Christmas" Craft day on 25th October at Pennant Hills - love to see you there for a productive day! Give me a call on 9484 9447 to reserve your place!

No comments: