Sunday 24 August 2008

Ooops!


Oh dear... Sorry folks! Been far too long between posts - life in general has been somewhat more distracting than usual! I have quite a few things backed up to show you, so stand by for the deluge!

This is a card I made for my husband's birthday this month. All products used in making this card are Stampin' Up! and are available for purchase through me. I am really liking the Bayou Blue/River Rock combo for classic masculine cards. This one uses the Canvas background in Bayou Blue ink on a River Rock base. Then there is a Bayou Blue layer that I have stamped with the motif stamp from the Boho Backgrounds set, in Bayou Blue ink. Then there's a horizontal band of Mellow Moss, which oddly matches the colour of Bayou Blue ink on River Rock that I stamped the background with, but in a solid colour. This layer is stamped with the all-over dot motif stamp from Boho Backgrounds, in Versamark. I have attacked this layer with the Distressing tool from the Cutter Kit (item # 106958) - man I love that gadget! So easy to even up slightly wonky edges and much easier than using a scissor blade. Top that with a layer of River Rock, again with distressed edges. I have used the Happy Birthday Stamp from "It's Your Birthday" to stamp the greeting in Bayou Blue, using my trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig. To embellish, I used some Aged Copper HodgePodge brads and a D Ring. The Bayou Blue stitched ribbon has white cords, but I painted them with my Aquapainter and some River Rock ink, to 'beige' them down to match the River Rock. End result?? He loved it :) More to come....!

No comments: