Sunday 24 August 2008

Little Distractions...


Last week, I had a little girl here with a bug, a rotten ear infection that hit like a ton of bricks on Wednesday arvo.... In perfect time to be exiled from Preschool on Thursday... But, the antibiotics kicked in right away, meaning I had one happy, chirpy little girl who wasn't interested in staying in bed, or watching TV... So! In between trying to make an Anniversary card and some overdue Artist Trading Cards for a swap, (not to mention all the other more mundane stuff I usually do on my child-free days) we did some stamping of a different kind, lots and lots of punching, quite a bit of "can you make this sticky pease mummy?" etc etc etc. It was fun, if less than productive in a grown up kind of sense! The 'card' uses the cute Strawberry from the 'Tart and Tangy Spring' Mini set , and the colours for the leaves, berry and dots were all individually specified by my budding stamper and applied (by me thankfully!) using my newly acquired full set of Stampin' Write Markers (oooooh, yum! how did I manage without them!) There's more images stamped on the inside, you'd have to be psychic to guess the colour combinations though!! She hijacked some of the embossed punched flowers I was using on my husband's anniversary card, plus a few more scraps she found on the floor, and stuck them on. VOILA! Instant masterpiece, to be treasured always :) The mountain of punched blossoms uses the Boho Blossoms punch from the Spring Mini, the Spring Bouquet punch, plus the odd retro daisy thrown in cos she could see 'that other flower punch up there on the wall mummy!) There's about 3 12x12 sheets worth there, lets just say my blossom punches are nicely worn in now! I hope you get a giggle from my day with my newest recruit!
More tomorrow hopefully, including pics of the cards I did get made eventually, and details of upcoming classes and events.

No comments: