Monday 9 June 2008

Found them!




Ah, such is the wonder of digital photography... I think? I take an awful lot more photos these days, knowing the duds can be deleted in an instant, but it seems that I end up keeping all but the very worst anyway! They sit on my computer (and are backed up for good measure) and are stored and 'organised' in a cascading pile of Picasa folders. These particular photos ended up in a folder named 'development objection' for some reason, unbeknownst even to me, but I did find them, eventually!


The top one is another Crayon Resist card using the Basics Outline wheel. But, the colouring technique is a little different. Instead of sponging colour patches all over the glossy cardstock stamped image, sponge daubers are used to add colours to elements of the image. Here, leaves got mellow moss, flowers got apricot appeal or groovy guava. There is some white space in between the elements, but that's OK too. Note to self, and to anyone else new to this technique - soy based crayons WILL NOT WORK for crayon resist, you need good old fashioned petrochemical wax crayons. I didn't know that IKEA crayons are soy based until too late with the predecessor to this card... The greeting on this card is from the Occasional Greetings sets, and I used Old Olive, More Mustard and Pumpkin pie markers to colour the stamp. The finishing touch is a faux bow made with the double rectangle punch - there is a post about it somewhere below, and I am in the process of labelling the posts so you can find things more easily.

The middle card is a copy of one designed by Jayne Mercer, one of my uplines, at a recent training/stamping day she held for us. It uses the Faux Metal technique of embossing, and it is quite easy to create metal-lookalike embellishments for your cards with just metallic powder, versamark ink and a heat gun. Lots of fun too! I'll be holding a class soon to explore this technique in more detail, stay tuned for dates and details. The other stamps on the card are Bud Basics , and it is stamped in Close to Cocoa, Rose Red and Certainly Celery. The greeting is from the Everyday Flexible Phrases set.

The bottom card is the reverse colourway to the crayon resist card in the previous post - Purely Pomegranate cardstock with sky blue band. It uses a wheel again, because they are simply the fastest and easiest way to stamp for this technique. This time it is the gorgeous "So Swirly" jumbo wheel that goes with the Priceless set, and the greeting and extra flourishes are also from Priceless. Again, couldn't help myself with the glitter...

I hope you like them! I'm taking a break from the computer for about a week, see you when I get back!

No comments: