Sunday 22 June 2008

A couple of cards



I am busy preparing for the second fundraising workshop for Cherrybrook Nursery and Preschool! After a very successful Valentine's Day themed workshop in February, we are having a Christmas in July theme this time around. I am having lots of fun with the gorgeous Wintergreen Designer Series papers and Christmas sets. At least I will have my designs worked out in great time this year! If you're local and would like to come along and help raise funds for this Council-run Preschool on the evening of Friday 4th July, please contact me for details.


Here are another couple of cards I have made recently -

Faux tearing - this is a card we made in my Intermediate class held recently. Faux tearing is a great way to add textural interest, giving the look of layers without the bulk and weight. Typically, I didn't think about taking step by step photos until I was nearly finished, hopefully I'll remember next time! Rather than using a floral or paisley background stamp, I chose the great Canvas background, as it is so simple and elegant that you can combine it with any other accent stamp you choose! Here I used the gorgeous berry sprig from the Level 1 Hostess Set "Oh So Lovely" Furthering the use of masking techniques in this class, the long stem of the berries stamp was masked off so it would fit on the landscape card. This set is fantastic for quick watercolouring, here I used aqua brushes and the ink pad puddle technique, plus a marker in Old Olive for the stem. The amazing Life Definitions set was used for the greeting, stamped in Old Olive. The base card is River Rock, the watercolour panel is on Naturals Ivory, and the mat is the delicious Groovy Guava.


eScape Bundle card - This is one of quite a few cards I have made with the June promotion "eScape Bundle" - circle of friendship stamp set, 1 1/4" circle punch and Love Notes card set. I've given most of them away though! But that's entirely the point :) This little note card was made in minutes using some scraps of Le Jardin Designer Series paper and Bayou blue cardstock on a Vanilla Love Note. I have layered the 1 1/4" punch with the 1" punch and the 1 3/8" punch to create nested windows. They are attached with Stampin' Dimensionals foam dots. I made a matching accent for the back of the cutest little envelopes that come with the Love Notes cards. Give me a quick yell if you'd like to purchase one of these bundles for yourself, the great discounted price on this package closes June 30.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love them! Especially the faux tearing. I must give that a go. Might teach it at my next craft group actually.

Cass x