Wednesday 21 May 2008

Super quick card


Here is a card I made the other day as an acceptance to a birthday party my little girl was invited to. It took maybe 5 minutes to make, using some scraps from my desktop, and I made 2 the same in that time. I took a little inspiration from a card made by Jayne Mercer, one of my uplines, in using the "warm words" set as flower stems. Thanks Jayne! It uses Whisper White cardstock as the base and this is sponged with Apricot Appeal around the edges. Two scalloped circle "flowers" were punched from a scrap of Only orange, and some circles punched from Whisper White and Apricot Appeal with the 1" and 1 1/4" circle punches to layer. A bit of Old Olive ink using "Warm Words" to make the stems, a little flower from the "Occasionally" set in the centre of the smaller circle, a dab of SNAIL and it was done! It is nice to create intricate designs when time allows, but it is also handy to know you can whip up something appealing in just a few minutes.

No comments: