Monday 21 April 2008

Ta Da!!


And here is the first card I have made, using 2 new sets. This is one of the cards that has been in my head since I first saw the delicious Scallop punch in the new catalogue. It nests beautifully with both the 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" circle punches, and these circle punches can be used on so many different SU stamps that they are all a must have in your punch collection! So easy to layer and create contrast with. The Lovely Labels set also leapt out at me - there are 4 stamps in the set, this is my favourite. I sponged the edges of the scallop with Blue Bayou ink to make it 'pop' against the background. I finished off the scalloped layered stamps with a strip of the beautiful Le Jardin Designer series paper mounted on Bayou Blue cardstock, one of our new In Colors for 2008/9. The card base is another In Color, River Rock, and it is a neutral with a bit of kick! The gorgeous swirl is a stamp from the Priceless set - definitely on my wish list - is it on yours? Hope you like it, I was pleased with how it turned out - just as it appeared in my head for a change!

1 comment:

Dani Fender said...

This Card is stunning. The colours are lovely. Simple yet beautiful. I'll be back to check out more of your creations :)

Dani